Sunday, October 11, 2009

Five creepy music videos to get you in the mood for Halloween

With Halloween just around the corner, I thought it would be cool to share my top 5 favorite music videos that not only rock, but also creep me out!

5. Coming in at number five is the alternate music video for Amazing Baby's "Headdress". The abandoned house, strange naked women, and abundance of mice all make my stomach squirm. 



4. Bat For Lashes steals the number 4 spot with her music video for "What's A Girl To Do". Follow Natasha Khan and her peculiar friends on a strange night-time bike ride, if you dare.



3. Fever Ray is my number 3 pick. Their music video for "If I Had A Heart" uses innocent children, tribal masks and costumes, and the implication of something supernatural to spook viewers. Enjoy. 


2. I don't know about you, but I am terrified of large groups of identical people. Supplying me with this exact scenario is the video for Aphex Twin's "Come To Daddy". I still haven't fully recovered.



















1. Finally, Radiohead's "There There" is my pick for creepiest music video. I find the scenery in this video fascinating, and the fact that Thom Yorke becomes trapped in the forest for eternity never ceases to give me the chills. Plus the song is awesome. If only I could have found a higher quality version to embed...



Posted by Eszter Zimanyi

1 comment:

  1. Word. There There creeped the hell out of me the first time I saw it. Yet I couldn't look away...

    ReplyDelete